For our new members, just to recap: We introduced the Ferrari Portfolio 9 December 2016. The portfolio was a challenge to turn $100k into enough to buy a Ferrari 246 GT Dino. This classic is around the $400k mark. We set quite a mammoth target and whilst we didn’t quite get there, we did managed to score quite a respectable return of 83.5%. We started off with $100k and we turned that into $183k. Bravo. A quick search on Carsales brought up the Ferrari F430 which retails second hand for around the $180k-$200k mark. Not quite the Dino. That’s ok. For 2018, we’ve decided to change things a bit. Many of the new subscribers that have joined recently we unable to buy shares that and replicate the Ferrari portfolio because many had already run. So what we’re going to do, is reset the portfolio to $100k but still work with the same portfolio.
Here is the portfolio as of the 18/06/2018 – This week we’re selling 4 stocks
Here is our weekly commentary on each stock and why we have sold the ones highlighted.
- Costa Group (CGC) – We’re finally selling Costa Group. It’s been a great ride and we still love the story, but we think it’s time to lock in profits and get out we’re ahead.
- Emeco Holings (EHL) – For the same reason as Costa, we’re locking in profits. The chart however is a great looking chart and the company is progressing well.
- Premier Investment (PMV) – We’re holding on. It’s doing quite well.
- Kogan.com (KGN) – We’ve had enough. Very disappointed with Kogan. It was on the path to recovery then dropped more than 12% within the day after rumours broke out that Ruslan Kogan and David Shafer was offloading a large chucks of their holdings. Not a good sign. We’re out.
- Afterpay Touch Group (APT) – We definitely got this one right. Defying all the naysayers, AfterPay returned us a 50% profit. But time to lock it in.
- Cleanaway Waste Management (CWY) – WSeems to be tracking along well.
- Netwealth (NWL) – Has pulled back a little. But that’s ok. Uptrend still in tact.
- This leaves us with a cash balance of $70,932.47.
- Esports Mogul (ESH) – Following our article on eSports a few weeks ago, we’re decided to buy Australian eSports pioneer Esports Mogul. It one of the world’s leading gaming hardware manufacturers.
- We are holding the remaining funds in cash for now.
Here is the portfolio up to date
Subscribers of UWJ – If you have any stock ideas and think they might be suitable for the Ferrari portfolio please email us as with your then at firstname.lastname@example.org.