For our new members, just to recap: We introduced the Ferrari Portfolio 9 December 2016. The portfolio was a challenge to turn $100k into enough to buy a Ferrari 246 GT Dino. This classic is around the $400k mark. We set quite a mammoth target and whilst we didn’t quite get there, we did managed to score quite a respectable return of 83.5%. We started off with $100k and we turned that into $183k. Bravo. A quick search on Carsales brought up the Ferrari F430 which retails second hand for around the $180k-$200k mark. Not quite the Dino. That’s ok. For 2018, we’ve decided to change things a bit. Many of the new subscribers that have joined recently we unable to buy shares that and replicate the Ferrari portfolio because many had already run. So what we’re going to do, is reset the portfolio to $100k but still work with the same portfolio.
Here is the portfolio as of the 28 May 2018
We’re selling out of Aristocrat. It’s had a bumper run on the back of a better than expected HY result last week. Normalised NPAT was $361.5m up 32%. Our trade is almost up 40% since we bought it. That’s good enough for us. Those that want to stay in and ride it further, do so. We happy to lock in profits now.
Here is our weekly commentary on each stock:
- Costa Group (CGC) – Tracking along well. We will lock in profits soon.
- Aristocrat Leisure (ALL) – SELLING.
- Emeco Holdings (EHL) – Is doing well.
- Premier Investments (PMV) – Hold.
- Kogan.com (KGN) – We’ve decided to continue to hold onto KGN. Slight disappointed but its recent trading update we positive.
- Afterpay Touch Group (APT) – Has come through with the goods. Up 30%. We will continue to hold because we think there is further upside to go.
- Cleanaway Waste Management (CWY) – Down slightly. No worries. Fundamentals are still good. We will hold on.
Buying – New stock
- Netwealth (NWL) – Similar to HUB24 and Praemium, Netwealth is a platform that offers superannuation and non-superannuation products which provide innovative portfolio
administration, investment management tools, investment and managed account solutions, primarily to Financial Intermediaries and clients. The company recently released its FUM has grown to $16bn and is rapidly expanding. The platform has now become the widely used managed account platform by financial advisers. For that reason, we think there is upside potential. We are using the proceeds from the ALL sale, into NWL.
Subscribers of UWJ – If you have any stock ideas and think they might be suitable for the Ferrari portfolio please email us as with your then at email@example.com.