For our new members, just to recap: We introduced the Ferrari Portfolio 9 December 2016. The portfolio was a challenge to turn $100k into enough to buy a Ferrari 246 GT Dino. This classic is around the $400k mark. We set quite a mammoth target and whilst we didn’t quite get there, we did managed to score quite a respectable return of 83.5%. We started off with $100k and we turned that into $183k. Bravo. A quick search on Carsales brought up the Ferrari F430 which retails second hand for around the $180k-$200k mark. Not quite the Dino. That’s ok. For 2018, we’ve decided to change things a bit. Many of the new subscribers that have joined recently we unable to buy shares that and replicate the Ferrari portfolio because many had already run. So what we’re going to do, is reset the portfolio to $100k but still work with the same portfolio.
Here is the portfolio as of the 10 May 2018
Here is our weekly commentary on each stock:
- Costa Group (CGC) – Tracking along well. We’re holding on.
- Aristocrat Leisure (ALL) – Hitting higher highs. ALL is due to post its HY profit result at around May 25. We will wait until then to see how it has done.
- Emeco Holdings (EHL) – Is doing well. Holding.
- Premier Investments (PMV) – Hold.
- com (KGN) – It hasn’t breached its stop loss. The stock has had a positive trading update, so we think there is upside potential. It was up 7% last week. We’re holding.
- Afterpay Touch Group (APT) – Looking good, holding.
- Cleanaway Waste Management (CWY) – We bought last week. Seems to be tracking along well.
Subscribers of UWJ – If you have any stock ideas and think they might be suitable for the Ferrari portfolio please email us as with your then at email@example.com.